- I was going to cook curried chicken over spinach…but didn’t have any spinach. It called for raw chicken, but I cooked the whole chicken, took the meat off the bones and cooked the hell out of the bones to make some awesome chicken broth. Didn’t have any ginger either. So it was time to improvise. I added the apples because like like my curry to have a hint of sweetness. It turned out pretty good. 🙂
- chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- chicken stock
- cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- lots of celery
- 4 carrots
- 4 potatoes, yellow ones, cut up like french fries
- 2 large juicy apples, cut up
- 1 can coconut milk
- salt & white pepper to taste
My carpet still isn’t dry upstairs. I guess it’s no wonder since I cleaned it for 5 and a half hours. It actually squished when I walked on it. I tried the fan, but that didn’t do the trick. Tomorrow I’ll try a heater instead. Hopefully that will dry it out.
Went to see my mom this morning and raided her garage of pictures and rugs. The rugs are for the downstairs until I yank the old carpet out. The pictures are for the butt ugly yellow walls in my bedroom. One day I’ll paint it. 🙂
Time for LDN and bed. Got plenty of stuff to do tomorrow.