Slowly getting back to normal…at home at least

About three weeks ago we had 6 people in our service and parts department test positive for covid-19. Both departments were closed down for a week. All of us were tested. All were negative, two were inconclusive. One of those two was my co-worker that relieves me. She turned out being positive.

I worked three weeks straight, until she tested negative on Thursday. It sucks that the labs are backed up and it takes days and days to get the results. This is my first weekend off and I sorely needed it!!!

Negative rapid Covid test.

I’m planning to do a drive-by to see my mom and pop sometime this morning. I have a few goodies to drop off on their porch.

It’s too bad we can’t have a real visit, but seeing each other 10 feet away is better than nothing. Just in case, I just tested myself again and I’m still negative.

While this all was going on and I only had time to work and sleep, my 10 year old computer finally kicked the bucket. Great timing, right? I’m so dependend on a computer. I don’t even write my grocery list by hand anymore.

Computer set-up

My new laptop came in on Tuesday. What a difference! It is super fast and will be perfect for when I get my van. It took a couple of days to figure out how to hook up my two monitors. They are both pretty old. Neither of them had HDMI ports and the laptop has one HDMI port. Solved it with adapters and a docking station. I’m back in business!! 🙂 Today T-Jay is getting rid of the lights in the keyboard. They are driving me nuts and have to go.

I’m starting to downsize more. Next week my twin bed should come in. It’s been many years since I’ve slep in one and will probably take some getting used to. I hope that the mattress is as comfortable as the reviews say it is.

We had beautiful weather yesterday. Perfect to wash my car. It badly needed it. Perfect to try out a new product from .

I love the new product. It is now my favorite. Easy on, easy off and the paint feels super smooth.

One morning last week, our electricity went out. That is pretty rare! I think the lights have gone off four times since I’ve lived here and then it only lasted a few minutes. Anyway, the light go off right when I’m trying to get ready for work. I have two LED light in the bath room. Both are motion sensored.

It never dawned on me that neither one of them had an “ON” switch. So here I am trying to put on eyeliner, flapping my left arm up and down to keep the light on while doing it. I’m sure it was a sight to see. HAHAHA….my bottom teeth are in the photo.

Well, that’s it for now. I hope that every one has a wonderful Sunday and stay safe!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: